Rum Ball Recipe
Makes 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (we recommend a combination of pecans and walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon RumChata
- Double sweater and a baking partner (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and set butter out to soften to room temperature.
- Once butter is softened, combine butter and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar using a stand or hand mixer, beating at a medium speed until fluffy and peaks begin to form.
- Sift the flour into the butter and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly until dough forms.
- Gently stir in RumChata and chopped nuts until combined.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- While cookies cool slightly, sift the remaining sugar into a shallow bowl or dish.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar, one cookie at a time while slightly warm.
- Once coated, place cookies on a plate until cooled completely. Re-roll powdered cookies into the remaining sugar until coated completely.
SERVE, SHARE & ENJOY
Click the button below for even more recipes from the Ascedia team. From our family to yours: happy holidays!
Download Our Recipe Book