As a marketing analyst, I spend most of my days knee-deep in data and analytics platforms. From custom report creation to digging out trends, it’ my job to serve as a “digital detective” for our clients. For some, that may sound thrilling, but for others the world of facts and figures can be overwhelming. In fact:
- Only 5 out of 10 marketers think about measurement when developing campaign strategies. Without pre-/post-performance data, making educated decisions about where to allocate funding is nearly impossible.
- 86% of CMOs and senior marketing executives believe they will own the end-to-end customer experience by 2020. This means understanding consumer insights through A/B testing and data analysis is more critical than ever.
- Only 26% of marketers surveyed believe their analytics tools are integrated and work well together. Data isn’t just for analysts anymore. Having quality tools and a plan in place that includes multiple stakeholders can help ensure information is communicated and becomes actionable.
That is why we do our best to set our clients up with user-friendly tools and work hard to transform data into easily understood stories. The majority of our clients utilize Google Analytics – an extremely powerful and free analytics platform to gather insights and make sound digital decisions.
Google Analytics can help answer questions and provide insight into:
- Audience demographics & interest data
- Event tracking & conversion goals
- Multi-touch attribution & path to conversions
- Audience segmentation
- Multi-channel & shopping funnels
- Real-time reporting
- User flow visualization & content insights
- Custom reporting & dashboards
Whether launching a new website, creating digital features or building campaigns, analytics can help measure success and identify opportunities. Sometimes it can be difficult to know where to start, but we’re here to help. Watch this space for our favorite tips, hacks or tricks from Google Analytics to help you make the most of the tool. And if you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!