Ascedia's work with the Wisconsin Department of Tourism has been recognized with a 2016 Outstanding Website WebAward from the Web Marketing Association. This award reflects a continued partnership that helped attract visitors to the state of Wisconsin year after year. In July 2016, TravelWisconsin.com had a record-breaking 1.1 million sessions.
Since 1997, the Web Marketing Association's annual WebAward Competition has been setting the standard of excellence for Website development. Independent expert judges from around the world review sites in 96 industries. The best are recognized with a WebAward which helps interactive professionals promote themselves, their companies, and their best work to the outside world. The WebAward Competition is the premier award recognition program for Web developers and advertising agencies. One judge commented, "Gorgeous site - great use of user-generated content, love the targeted getaways. I want to visit Wisconsin!"
The Wisconsin Department of Tourism promotes Wisconsin as a four-season travel destination to potential visitors, primarily in the Midwest. Over the last year, TravelWisconsin.com has been redesigned for improved user experience and inspiration. Ascedia's objective was for TravelWisconsin.com to be the ultimate resource for people to find fun and travel in Wisconsin, no matter their stage of travel. By inspiring and empowering visitors to explore, plan, experience, and commemorate their Wisconsin vacation, we increase awareness and travel expenditures for Wisconsin.
Sample site enhancements include:
- Redesigned the navigation to elevate inspirational content and improve usability for mobile users.
- A redesigned and inspirational Trip Ideas section that includes featured videos and related content.
- User-generated content curated and integrated throughout the site to inspire others of real Wisconsin fun in progress.
- Redesigned site templates to be more inspirational, incorporating more video, the best of and related and personalized content.
- Redesigned trip planner to be more “Pinterest-like” with deeper integration throughout the site to make it easier for people to build their trips.
- Updated SEO metadata throughout site and regularly to increase organic reach.
Take a look at our portfolio to see more of our award-winning work.