I spent three days at MozCon last month, and had a great experience learning alongside industry giants. Here are my key takeaways from the event:
- You can make metadata changes using Google Tag Manager! Want to learn how? This and other great GTM advanced hacker tips can be found here: http://www.upbuild.io/gtm/
- LinkedIn’s SlideShare platform is not only a great tool for sharing presentations, but it can also be used to market B2B businesses and generate measurable leads.
- There are amazing out-of-the-box tools that enable marketers to creatively drive traffic and lead generation, and no one has to touch a line of code! Here are three:
- Content marketing for ecommerce can be tough. Information Architecture authority Joe Hall recommends taking content off of your blog and putting it right on the product pages.
- Rand Fishkin thinks there are still great non-spammy ways to link-build. A few include:
- Add testimonials on sites
- Offer case studies
- Add links to your site from your social media bios
- Ask people to add a link back to your site every time they post a picture of you - like this picture of me (far left) with Rand below!