Out of more than 1,200 submissions from 33 countries, Ascedia has won Gold recognition in the 2016 Muse Creative Awards competition. The winning work was created by the Ascedia creative team for the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board’s Eat Wisconsin Cheese website.
"The Eat Wisconsin Cheese website shows what is possible when solid creative strategy, user experience and excellent content come together, and that is what earned us this honor,” said Neil Kloppenborg, Art Director at Ascedia. “This project illustrates just what a difference a thorough creative discovery process can have on a project. The ROI is just as visible in the great UX and content hierarchy of the site as it is in the analytics.”
The Muse Creative Awards is an international competition for creative professionals who inspire through concept, writing or design, whether through traditional or electronic media. “We wish to recognize the singular achievements of small and medium-sized firms and the creative professionals who represent the heart and soul of the global marketing communications industry,” said Kenjo Ong, co-managing director for the Muse Creative Awards (MCA). “They follow the spark of an inner muse, lighting the path to success with deep knowledge and shining originality.”
Muse Creative Awards is administered and judged by International Awards Association (IAA) and a carefully selected panel of internationally-recognized creative professionals. The Association oversees awards and recognition programs, provides judges and sets competition standards for excellence.
This year's panel of international judges included:
- Fabiano Sanroma, CEO, Menttoo – Brazil
- Michael Saravia, Brand & Digital Strategist, elGrafiko – Canada
- Masanori Eto, Creative Director, ADBRAIN Inc. – Japan
- WenJun Zhou, Founder & Design Director, 524 Studio – China
- Marshall Lorenzo, Creative Director – Canada
- Alex Tan, Creative Director, Nokua Design – Malaysia
- Dan May, Associate Professor of Art and Design, University of Nebraska - Kearney – United States
- Donald Samson, Creative Director, Cartier Communication Marketing – Canada
- Deepti Kshirsagar, Founder, WOW Design Pvt. Ltd. – India
- Leonardo Zakour, CEO & Interaction Designer, BONS – Germany
- Shangning Wang, Freelance Designer, Business Owner – United States
- Joe Hui, Project Manager – Malaysia
- Jong Jik Kim, Lighting TD / Senior 3D Designer, Blue Sky Studios – 20th Century Fox – United States
- 20+ marketing, advertising, communication, web, public relations, and freelance professionals.
Entries in 128 categories were rated according to rigorous standards. During blind judging, the panelists worked to identify the most innovative and creative concepts, the strongest executions, and the highest quality in messaging. Winners were selected in a broad scope of categories, from broadcast and print to social media and emerging platforms.
This year's Muse Creative Awards competition included entries from 33 countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherland, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States.
“Winning a Muse Creative Award is a significant career accomplishment for the recipients,” Ong said. “With vetted panelists, tough criteria, blind judging processes, and strict bylaws limiting winners, only the best entries received recognition. The creative work this year was truly outstanding and inspiring.”
To learn more about the Muse Creative Awards, visit www.museaward.com.