Out of more than 5,000 submissions from 21 countries, Ascedia was named a Bronze winner in the 2016 Summit Creative Award competition for its creative work on the agency’s website redesign.
“The Ascedia agency website design had one primary goal above all others: Don’t tell people who we are, SHOW people who we are. We wanted to make a website that was as creative and clever as we are and showcases our unique combination of digital talent, creative spirit and Milwaukee pride,” said Neil Kloppenborg, Art Director at Ascedia. “A website should be more than a sales tool; it is an expression of your unique company personality and a demonstration of what your team can make possible. Our agency is built at the intersection of old-school creative talent and cutting-edge development power, and our site reflects that.”
The Summit Creative Award (SCA) recognizes and celebrates the creative achievements of small and medium sized advertising agencies worldwide with annual billings under $30 million. Celebrating its 22nd year, the SCA has firmly established itself as the premier arbiter of creative excellence for firms of this size and has become a coveted honor.
This year's panel of international judges included:
- David O'Connell, Founder, principal creative director, BANG! creative communications – Canada
- David Bieloh, Assistant Professor of Graphic Design, Central Washington University – USA
- Gautam Nath, Vice-President, Balmoral Marketing – Canada
- Gavin Barrett, Chief Creative Officer, Barrett and Welsh – Canada
- James Scully, Operations Director, Nevado Limited – England
- Jeff Fisher, Engineer of Creative Identity, Jeff Fisher LogoMotives – United States
- Lester Traband, Senior Applications Developer, ANNODYNE – USA
- Louai Alasfahani, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Paragon Marketing Communications – Sultanate of Oman
- Meng-Chih Chiang, Creative Director, HUSH – USA
- Morgan Young, Principal, Young Ideas, LLC – USA
- Olga Weiss, Chief Creative Office, IDM – USA
- Reid Carr, President & CEO, Red Door Interactive – USA
- Richard Taylor, Founder & COO, Politik Media Inc. – Canada
- Stephane Jean, Creative Director, Bob – Canada
- Timothy Yip, COO, VP Client Services, Maple Diversity Communications – Canada
Entries in 20 major categories are judged against a stringent set of standards. During its blind judging (entering company names withheld) the Board of Judges search for and identify innovative and creative concepts, strong executions and user experience, and the ability to communicate and persuade. Winners were selected in a wide range of categories from print and broadcast to online advertising and social media.
This year's SCA creative competition included companies from the following 21 countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, England, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Ireland, Malaysia, Martinique - French West Indies, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the United States.
The SIA organization was founded in 1994. Annually it conducts the Summit Creative Award, the Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award and the Summit Emerging Media Award. Additional information about the Summit International Awards organization, its competitions and winning firms can be found on the SIA web site at www.summitawards.com.