What makes Ascedia special? Our people! Every week, we'll introduce you to a member of our team so you can get to know us a little better.
NAME AND TITLE
Neil Kloppenborg -- Senior Art Director
MY TYPICAL WORKDAY
I shower in cheap cologne, get out to my truck and let her warm up for a few days. I take her for a nice cruise around the east side and bask in all the shade I get from hipsters. If I don't throw a u-joint on the drive in, I typically kibitz with my creative pals for awhile and then it is off to the pixel mills. Wireframing, designing, and dazzling clients with conversation.
HOW I CHOSE MY CAREER PATH
I am just too good looking to be a cage fighter.
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT ASCEDIA
It was mostly the charisma and raw animal magnetism of Dan Early and Mark Roller. Those bromances have grown into a love of the whole family here: Ascedia has some of the best folks I've ever worked with.
- Assumption High School, Davenport Iowa, 1996-2000: Diploma, with wedgie burns
- Dittmer's Service Station, Davenport Iowa, 1996-2000: Certificate: four-letter words, dirty limericks and tire repair
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, 2000-2003: Studying art students in their natural habitat
- Laguna College of Art and Design, 2003-2004: BFA in Illustration and Design. I also worked at the In ’N Out Burger.
- Dare County Fire Academy, North Carolina, 2011: Certificate: Firefighter 1 and 2, consequence-free property damage, advanced four-letter words
HIGH SCHOOL MASCOT
FAVORITE NICKNAMES FOR YOUR TRUCK**
The Yeti, The Abominable Snowmobile, Big Easy, The 'Sound Investment,' You <Four-Letter-Word> Piece of <Advanced-Four-Letter-Word> Truck, etc.
FAVORITE MILWAUKEE HANGOUT
The Brickyard Gym in Bay View. A place filled with portraits of fluffy-haired, unitard-laden fitness models from the 80's.
LAST BOOK READ
Blood Meridian, the feel-good summer read of 1985.
PERSON I'D MOST LIKE TO MEET (LIVING OR DEAD)
Townes van Zandt
N/A (raised by wolves)
WHAT I DO IN MY SPARE TIME
Lay underneath my truck and use all the four-letter words I've learned in my travels
My elbows can bend unnaturally far back. In grade school, a favorite prank to pull on the substitute teachers was falling and ‘breaking my arm.’ Then I actually broke my arm in 7th grade, which I suppose I had coming.
Photo credit: Emily Eilers