Did you know that website accessibility laws and requirements are being strictly enforced to eliminate technology barriers for those with sensory disabilities to protect their civil rights?
Your website could be keeping users with visual, hearing, or other impairments from enjoying the full experience of your website content. With increased attention on providing an equal web experience for users with disabilities, the number of accessibility compliance lawsuits is steadily rising. Older websites using out-of-date functionality and structure are especially at risk, and you should consider making updates to make your site compliant.
WHAT IS ACCESSIBILITY?
Some examples of basic accessibility requirements include:
- Structured code and hierarchy of header tags for screen readers
- HTML tags and descriptive image ALT tags
- Appropriate color scheme, fonts, and contrast
- No blinking or flashing elements
- Video captions and other auxiliary aids
This is a very small handful of the requirements; more accessibility guidelines and laws are defined in Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
BENEFITS TO MAKING ACCESSIBILITY UPDATES
- Provide the best experience for all users and consumers: making the information on your website fully accessible is the right thing to do.
- Improve the overall user experience: this will lead to increased conversions, lead generation and ultimately sales.
- Get a head start on compliance: current legal trends indicate mandatory adherence for all industries in the near future.
WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK!
Ascedia can ensure your site provides an equally enjoyable experience for all users. We’ll:
- Determine whether your site conflicts with accessibility requirements
- Complete a thorough audit and compliance evaluation of your site
- Provide different levels of compliance options
- Offer customized recommendations for your company and industry requirements
- Recommend and prioritize modifications to make your site compliant
- Ensure your website meets all appropriate accessibility standards
Contact us today to determine whether your website is compliant with accessibility laws or if your user experience needs modifications.