Ascedia has received numerous industry and regional recognitions, including the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplaces for 2016, Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, Milwaukee Business Journal's Fastest Growing Firms, and was recently named one of the Top 10 Largest Agencies in Milwaukee.
We are growing and are looking for some fun, smart, ego-free difference-makers to join our family.
Kentico CMS or Sitecore CMS development experience is very appealing and will definitely get you a chorus of cheers when you come in for your interview.
You will be working on a close-knit team and will have ample opportunity to share the knowledge you’ve acquired throughout your career while learning a thing or two on a daily basis.
- Scope, build and maintain web-based applications based on client needs and specifications.
- Take the lead in gathering requirements for projects and writing project scope documents and/or user stories.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to fellow developers.
- Work with Production Manager to ensure proper utilization of production team.
- Research and/or prototype new technology.
- Enforce and execute code standards, best practices and naming conventions as defined for the Technology Department.
- Enforce departmental quality standards through execution and facilitation of code reviews.
- Communicate with Production Managers and Director of Technology regarding questions, problems, scope changes and potential budget overruns.
- 8+ years of in-depth experience with .NET framework using C#
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming, relational databases and SQL
- Knockout.js and AngularJS experience desired
- Interest in exploring other technologies to make user experiences more robust and powerful
- Previous experience with .NET-base CMS development (Kentico, Sitecore, Sitefinity) or PHP-based CMS development (WordPress, Drupal) desired
- Previous leadership experience
- Familiarity with agile development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent skills in organization and time management
- Keen sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Big ideas, not big egos
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or related field) preferred
- Experience with a variety of web programming languages
- Understanding of CSS-driven layouts
- An “idea person”
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account Available
- Flexible Spending Account Available
- 401(k) Program with employer match
- Casual Dress
- Training and conference opportunities
- Employee recognition program
- Company wellness program
- Summer Hours
- Frequent company social events, community service and volunteer opportunities, wellness program and happy hours