Ascedia is seeking a skilled interface (front-end) developer to join our growing web application development team. Flex your creative muscles with CSS3, HTML5, responsive design, Sass and jQuery.
The application development team is our largest and busiest, as clients increasingly seek solutions to improve their productivity and efficiency through web applications, both traditional and mobile. Our clients rely on us to provide a working relationship that goes beyond the conventional web developer role to that of a development partnership, and finding the right people to fit that partnership is important to us. We put an emphasis on employing people with great personality, expert know-how, an eagerness to learn and explore new technologies, and the ability to produce quality results! If this sounds like the job you've been waiting for, then apply today!
- Convert wireframes and Photoshop mockups into clean HTML/CSS markup with a strong focus on cross-browser/platform compatibility and performance, clarity, and maintainability.
- Meet weekly utilization goals.
- Work closely with designers and back-end developers to create usable and accessible user interfaces.
- Identify and address performance issues.
- Continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards; research, recommend, and apply new web technologies as they emerge.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in HTML/CSS development and cutting edge UX design.
- Occasional client engagement; must be able to present ideas for solutions to clients and internal project members.
- Accurate and prompt time entry.
- 80% utilization with the remaining time focused on training and development.
- Work under the guidance and oversight of Director of Technology.
- Knowledge of progressive HTML/CSS techniques as they relate to various browser vendor/version limitations.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of progressive enhancement.
- Ability to work with and get up to speed quickly on a variety of content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Kentico, Sitecore).
- Experience with responsive design a plus.
- Familiarity with Ajax, web services, basic PHP a plus.
- Basic knowledge of usability and user experience practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Detail-oriented mindset.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account Available
- Flexible Spending Account Available
- 401(k) Program
- Casual Dress
- Open Environment
- Monthly company social events and happy hours